An hour of listening to Stephen Kotkin provides more insight than is contained in the average big fat book. So here he is answering five questions that Peter Robinson had for him —
- what Xi Jinping, the president of China believes;
- what Vladimir Putin believes;
- whether nuclear weapons are a deterrent in the 21st century;
- the chances of another American renewal;
- and Kotkin’s rational basis for loving the United States.
By the way, the picture at the top of this post is not a young Stephen Kotkin. That picture is of the actor Joe Pesci. You wonder why. Wonder no more. It’s just that Kotkin sounds like Pesci. Here listen:
My Cousin Vinny is a favorite movie. Worth a few viewings.