Renovations and remodeling

maintenance_Image This blog is undergoing some much-needed remodeling and renovating. Thanks to my friend JP, it has a new look and feel. Even as I write this, I am installing DISQUS as the commenting system. During all this, there is likely to be some disruption. For instance, all comments appear to have disappeared. I believe that they will be back once the DISQUS system completes its bits.

Please provide feedback on the changes. Suggestions and recommendations are always welcome. Thanks for visiting.

10 thoughts on “Renovations and remodeling

1. Atanu_Dey Thursday January 17, 2013 / 6:59 am

This is a test to see what the new commenting system looks like.

• Atanu_Dey Thursday January 17, 2013 / 7:11 am

Replying to my own test comment. And adding a test image.

• Atanu_Dey Thursday January 17, 2013 / 7:13 am

Seems that one has to click on the thumbnail to see the full size image.

• Rex Thursday January 17, 2013 / 9:55 am

Looks great! And this is the same Rex as before 🙂

I have one suggestion – you might want to check your RSS feed for problems. Normally I get the full content of your post in the feed, but once a while, it suddenly pops up a link to a post from 2 or 3 years ago.

• Atanu_Dey Thursday January 17, 2013 / 10:22 am

Thanks, Rex. According to disqus, you have posted 2468 comments all over the web — and that is only on sites that use disqus. So therefore you must have posted even more comments than that. I wonder where you find the time to read stuff and post comments.

Cheers.

• Rex Thursday January 17, 2013 / 12:16 pm

oh, it’s over a couple of years now! And I prefer commenting on Disqus enabled sites only since I can track my comments and replies.

2. Amit Sunday January 20, 2013 / 6:37 am

The comments widget is not working. When you click on a comment, instead of loading the comment, it just takes you to the top of the post.

• Atanu_Dey Sunday January 20, 2013 / 7:16 am

Amit, I don’t see that happening. Could you be more specific about where exactly you are clicking?

Thanks.

• Amit Sunday January 20, 2013 / 8:35 am

In ‘Recent Comments’ – if I click on a comment, it takes me to the top of the post for that comment. Using Firefox – let me test this in other browsers.

3. Timber windows London Tuesday June 4, 2013 / 11:56 pm

The purpose of these alterations is to create a more challenging
    environment that encourages upward movement for both newcomer and
    veteran summoners.